Saturday, February 21, 2009

My Pillar of Support

For everything I am said to be, I am so glad that I have Sheryl by side all these while.

You were the support that I lack through the 23 years of my life prior to knowing you. You loosen me up, showing me that it is alright to behave like a child sometimes. I am really comfortable with you and definitely did a lot of stupid things with you too, like riding to and fro Tampines and Teck Whye in the middle of the night, the bak chok mee, jian dao jian and dim sum at 2am.

I still remember how much I wanted to mess around with hi-fi stuff, without you I would probably not touch these things as they were pretty costly for me at that time. I could still visualize the first time we went Adelphi, looking at these equipments with me and my arm in cast. I even have problem putting on the headphones! That was my very first equipment and then after all hell break loose, buying and selling 2nd hand hi-fi equipments almost every fortnight, trying out more than 20 pieces of equipment with that period of 3 months. DIYing my amplifiers soon became a fascination and the rest follow. Throughout these times, Sheryl, who was not really interested in these equipments was with me all the while, I remember she was so bored that she fell asleep during some sessions in the hi-fi shops. Those nights where I just sat at my desk with the soldering iron, tearing off bits and pieces of components from the PCB board, and my dear doing her stuff till she fell asleep made me feel so guilty. Quoting Ashley’s Tan, “This is the toy that I want for my birthday and Christmas this year next year and the rest of my life,” this was a toy, hobby, and fascination whatsoever (hi-fi), I wanted for a very long time, and you made it a reality for me. It may mean nothing to many (even my mum missed this), but it mean a lot to me, a lot! You enforce my belief that there is nothing I cannot achieve if I wanted to, at a time where I am lacking in a lot of self confidence and esteem.

Family was a mess and that’s a fact, I am sorry that you have endured the many nonsense when you were with me. I really want to say THANK YOU; thank you for never giving up on me, thank you for believing me, and thank you for entrusting the remaining years of your life with me.

Together forever and ever ok!

No comments:

Post a Comment