Friday, October 15, 2010

Our first traffic accident

Unfortunately, after more than 8 years of riding on the road, we were involved in a traffic accident.

We were coming to a stop at the traffic light, and Marcus did not notice a piece of acrylic on the floor. Our front wheel went over it, and the bike skidded.

Luckily, the two of us were not majorly injured. Luckily, all the vehicles around us were also slowing down and stopping, and no one hit us while we were on the ground.

Marcus escaped with abrasions on his knees and a cut on his thumb, but had to be x-rayed as his left arm (the one which he had broken his elbow and wrist before) was numb for a while, but lucky, examinations and x-rays showed its just a shock. Nothing serious.

Me... I got abrasions on my right elbow and knee, and a lis-franc injury. What that means is that I have some bones in my right foot broken. After a week in a cast, I was admitted into the hospital to undergo surgery. I can't walk until the bones have fully recovered. Surgery involved inserting 3 screws, each 3.5cm long into my bones to hold them together, and act as a support for the bones to fuse together, and not crooked (I won't be able to walk again if that's the case).

Well... I will update you guys again with pictures. Now I need to rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment