Sunday, February 6, 2011

Our Room - The Bed

Marcus always has problems falling asleep, and staying asleep. Therefore when we were shopping for our mattress, I always insisted that he is the one who spends the most time lying on them to test trial.

Initially, we had wanted to get a Maxcoil mattress. Not too expensive, less than a thousand dollars without a bedframe. We decided to head back to Courts Megastore to try out the mattress again, and place an order for the mattress plus a storage bed frame.

However, as Marcus was trying out the mattress (and had commented it didn't feel as comfortable as the last time he tried it), I skipped over to the next counter, and took a look at the Sealy mattresses.

The salesperson was introducing the Harmony to me, and as I was lying down, Marcus came over.. I told him to lie next to me and try out the mattress. Guess what happened.... He almost fell asleep. That almost sealed the deal I tell you! If not for the fact that it was already close to 1015pm, and Courts was closed, we would have made our order that very day!

Well.. too bad.... a week later, we headed back to Courts again... and we tried the Diamond Jubilee - the special one-time release in commemoration of Sealy's 60th Anniversary.. and even I felt it was SHIOK!!

Well, there goes our budget! From budgeting 1.5k for a mattress + storage bedframe, to a 2.7k for a Sealy mattress + storage bedframe, we have placed our order and deposit for a $3,450 Sealy mattress + storage bedframe!

Oh well, as long as Marcus falls asleep easily and stays asleep! Plus, it comes with 4 pillows, 2 mattress protectors and 1 quilt! Now it looks like our bed's going end up with 6 pillows! hahaha.. I am NOT going to throw away our King Koil microfibre pilllows, it's super comfy lor!!

No comments:

Post a Comment